Tuesday 1 July 2014

Swamp Views

While driving to Kemptville to say good-bye to a friend who was moving to St. Catharines I pulled up along the side of the road to take these pictures.

This was just outside my car window. At first I took a few pictures through the window and this is how they turned out.




You can see the road reflected in the side view mirror.




Window and mirror this time. The gray plastic in the swamp was not really supposed to be in the picture so eventually I cropped the bag, the mirror and the window.  I'm learning! 



See, no window, mirror or gray bag. Cropped! I find it easier to crop the pictures on my tablet before transferring them to the computer.


Of course stepping out of the car to take more pictures meant that I had less to remove. 




Across the road from where I stopped were cattails. 




Another look at the cattails. All of theses photos were taken along Dwyer Hill Road, just before descending into Burritts Rapids.


.
 Admittedly, I am much better at taking landscape pictures than I am of people. So these are my mementos of our last in-person visit before she leaves the area.

When this friend and I first met it was only over the internet and through working on a newsletter together. Then we realized that we only lived about 45 minutes from one another the occasional trips to see each other began. How many years has it been? Perhaps 7 or 8 years. It seems like a lifetime.

So we are back to where we started but with more options today than when we first met. With social media the sky really is the limit for staying connected.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment